MaverX International Warranty
Every MaverX product is carefully inspected prior to delivery and is covered by a 12 months Warranty from the purchase date for production defects. In order for Warranty to be considered valid, it will be necessary to certify the date and place of purchase together with the product description (type and model). In any case, Warranty can be curtailed should the defect be claimed over 2 months from the cause.
Defects in materials and workmanship
Manufacturing and material defects especially in carbon composites become evident during the initial period of continuous use. Breakages occurring after this initial period are unlikely to be associated with either a material or manufacturing defects. Usually the cause of successive breakages can be attributed to solicitation other than material or manufacturing defects. However, in all cases, Warranty will be at the discretion of the Manufacturer.
DAYTONA PRO: 12 months for manufacturing defects excluding the specified boom zone.
CROSSOVER: 12 months for manufacturing defects resulting in breakage.
SUPERLEGGERO: 12 months for manufacturing defects resulting in breakage including surfing conditions.
MX 100 : 12 months for manufacturing defects resulting in breakage including surfing conditions.
MX 85: 12 months for manufacturing defects resulting in breakage including surfing conditions.
MX 70: 12 months for manufacturing defects resulting in breakage including surfing conditions.
EXTENDED warranty in Surfing conditions for RDM masts.
The RDM masts will be covered by warranty (1 year) if breakage occurs in surfing conditions i.e. in between waves or shore break. This exclude of course breakage due to impact with rocks or sand or after a wrong rotation landed with the top of the mast but only due to the action and force of the sea. Any breakage occurring in a zone from the tip of the mast on the top section to 1,5 meter below it, is certainly due to an impact and warranty cannot be claimed.
The Daytona Pro line is extremely light being a performance mast intrinsically designed for Race/Slalom conditions. Therefore, these models must be treated with extra due care. Breakages in the boom zone are always caused by excessive force on the boom junction, during assembly, by the Customer. Consequently, the boom zone is excluded from Warranty. MaverX disclaims all liability for breakages occurring in the specified boom zone.
Carbon fibre masts, whilst being extremely durable, possess intrinsic limitations of use and are not indestructible. It is of the utmost importance to take proper care during usage in order to avoid unnecessary breakages.
Warranty does not include:
- Shipping costs.
- Damage caused by product alterations or modifications without due authorisation from MaverX or damaged caused by repair not executed by MaverX personnel.
- Damage due to accidents, improper use or inadequate maintenance.
- Damage caused by extended or excessive exposure to sunlight, storage in inadequate warehouse or improper usage of the mast.
- Damage not caused by defects in materials and/or manufacture.
- Damage arising during commercial use, rental to third Parties, teaching and competitions.
- Incidental damage, including damage to property or that of personal injury.
- Damage due to reef waves or shore break (excluding 2010 RDM, Stilo serie).
- Damage due to use of the mast outside of the manufacturer recommendations.
- Damage due to impact collision of the mast with foreign objects (eg. rocks, seabed, coral reef, sea creatures, other surfers, boats/vessels).
How to Claim
The Warranty Claim must indicate:
- Warranty coupon duly filled in all its parts! Including the shop stamp.
- The serial number of the defective mast.
- Tracking Code (3 letters/numbers placed at the base of the Bottom beside the Italian flag).
- The date when the breakage happened.
- The location where the breakage occurred.
- The model and size of the defective mast.
The Warranty Claim must include digital pictures that clearly show the defect, the serial number and the tracking code. This information has to be sent by the Client to Reglass (the Distributor).
Reglass will then decide if only part or else the whole defective item should be retrieved under Warranty. In case of return, the product must be clean and dry. Substitution will take approximately 20 working days from the date Reglass formally accepts the Claim.
The decision of Reglass for each Warranty Claim will be binding. Should MaverX find the submitted product to be defective, then the Warranty will cover either substitution or adequate repair of the same or equivalent model. Reglass disclaims all responsibility during the use of the said product in lieu of any costs sustained by the interested Parties, direct or indirect damages and loss resulting thereof and/or objects and animals. Substitution or repair of the defective item shall not extend the Period of Warranty over and above that established at the date of purchase.
- Record the model type and the serial number on this warranty and keep it together with your sales receipt or invoice as a proof of your purchase. Please photocopy the sales ticket to avoid loss of data printed.
- Do not attempt to repair or modify any part of the mast without due authorization by Reglass.
- Store the product in a dry space and away from solar radiation.
- Avoid excessive exposure to ultra violet and/or solar radiation.
- Alaways release sail downhaul when resting between sessions.
- Double or Triple check that the ferrule is completely inserted after the sail has been rigged before downhauling.
- Avoid unnecessary solicitation during use or transport.
How to obtain service
Contact the Dealer where the mast was purchased or any other authorized Dealer. The Dealer will then make all necessary arrangements. The warranty claim has to contain the following information:
- Serial number and mast model.
- Where and when the damage occurred.
- Sales receipt or invoice. Please, if necessary, take a photocopy of the sales ticket to avoid loss of data printed.
- Digital Pictures showing the damage and the serial number.
THERE ARE NO OTHER WARRANTIES EXPRESS OR IMPLIED COVERING THIS PRODUCT, EXCEPT THE WARRANTY WHICH IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, INCLUDING TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY, OR MERCHANTABILITY FOR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE BE LIABLE FOR SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR FOR ANY DELAY IN THE PERFORMANCE OF THIS WARRANTY DUE TO CAUSES BEYOND OUR CONTROL. THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY UNDER THIS WARRANTY SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE REPLACEMENT OF PART AS HERINBEFORE PROVIDED.